CINCINNATI SWORDS SPORTS MEDICINE TEAM FOR THE 2017-18 SEASON
BEACON ORTHOPAEDICS & SPORTS MEDICINE AND
THE CHRIST HOSPITAL HEALTH NETWORK
ARE THE PREFERRED HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS OF THE CINCINNATI SWORDS
Beacon Orthopaedic Urgent Care
Summit Woods (Sharonville)
8am-9pm Monday- Friday
Northern Kentucky (Erlanger)
8am-9pm Monday- Friday
GLEN A. McCLUNG, MD, MEDICAL DIRECTOR
DR. McCLUNG IS AN ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON WHO JOINED BEACON ORTHOPAEDICS IN 2011 FROM COMMONWEALTH IN LEXINGTON, KY WHERE HE PRACTICED SINCE 2005. DR. McCLUNG EARNED HIS BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN CHEMISTRY FROM DAVIDSON COLLEGE AND DOCTOR OF MEDICINE FROM WEST VIRGINIA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE. HE COMPLETED HIS ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY RESIDENCY AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF OHIO IN TOLEDO AND HIS FELLOWSHIP OF SPORTS MEDICINE AT THE MISSISSIPPI SPORTS MEDICINE AND ORTHOPAEDIC CENTER IN JACKSON. SPECIALIZING IN SPORTS MEDICINE AND ORTHPAEDIC SURGERY, DR. McCLUNG SEES PATIENTS AT BEACON OFFICES IN SHARONVLLE (SUMMIT WOODS), ANDERSON (BEACON EAST) AND ERLANGER (BEACON NKY).
To schedule an appointment with Dr. McClung please call 513-354-3700 and be sure to mention you are a member of the Cincinnati Swords!
DRAYER PHYSICAL THERAPY INSTITUTE (ANDERSON TWP.)
IS THE PREFERRED ATHLETIC TRAINING & PHYSICAL THERAPY SERVICES PROVIDER FOR THE CINCINNATI SWORDS FOR THE 20017-2018 SEASON
This year the injury checks will be done at Drayer’s Anderson office. Below are instructions for scheduling an injury check.
Call Drayer Anderson at 513.247.4340 and let the front desk know you are with Cincinnati Swords Hockey and your player is in need of an “injury check/screen”. Initial screenings are free of charge. If further care is needed Drayer will advise of next steps.
Any questions please contact the Swords Office at email@example.com
Required for all high school age players.
We strive to exceed the standards of safe play to ensure the safty of all our players!
Below are the instructions to complete the baseline test at no charge:
Instructions to complete ImPACT Concussion Test Online
- Put away/turn off all distractions: Cell phone, TV, Music, etc…
- Go to https://www.impacttestonline.com/sportstest/index.cfm?id=6111
- Click on “launch baseline test”
- Authorization code: GSG2UCK35A
- Make sure pop up blocker is turned off
- If it is not, you will be prompted to do so: “allow all popups from this site”
- You will then need to reenter code
- You will then start the test
- Pick language
- Under “school/organization” select “Beacon Orthopaedics”
- Fill out remaining demographic information and follow directions of test
- On final page of Test, it will ask for an email confirmation, enter the following address:
- Enter you parents email address
- Exit test